Depression can have a profound impact on patients with chronic conditions. This webinar, hosted with the Michigan Community Health Workers Alliance (MiCHWA), offers strategies to identify and address depression in patients with chronic diseases such as depression and hypertension.
Social workers, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, behavioral health clinicians, ambulatory staff, discharge planners and case managers
- Learn the importance of recognizing and addressing depression in patients with chronic disease
- Discuss the prevalence of depression in diabetes, cardiac disease and other chronic conditions
- Understand the overall disease burden and cost of healthcare in patients with chronic disease and depression
- Discuss behavioral and pharmacological interventions that can assist in treating depression associated with chronic disease
Andrea Boucher, MHSA, is a senior clinical quality consultant at MPRO. Ms. Boucher is a Stanford Certified Master Trainer in Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME).
Mark Loush, LMSW, is a clinical quality consultant at MPRO. Mr. Loush is a licensed master’s social worker and holds the Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor credential from the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals. He is also a Stanford Certified Master Trainer in Diabetes Self-Management Education
Continuing Education Information
We will be offering continuing education credits for registered nurses and social workers in Michigan who participate in this webinar. 1.0 contact hour will be awarded for successful completion.
All other disciplines will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the webinar.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Click or Copy and Paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com.
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Depression.
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial in to the teleconference: 866-861-7910
Click here to download slide handouts for this webinar.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Mark Loush, 248-465-1375, email@example.com