Heart failure is one of the top diagnoses involved with readmissions throughout the Great Plains and Lake Superior Quality Innovation Networks. This webinar is the first in a series of webinars to assist communities in this seven-state region improve heart failure care. It includes a basic overview of heart failure including: etiology and pathophysiology, treatment, medication and prevention.
Health care professionals interested in improving heart failure care including, but not limited to: nurses, HF program coordinators, cardiologists, program medical directors, quality improvement personnel.
- Describe what heart failure is including its causes and progression
- Review the treatment of heart failure and the medications involved
- Discuss heart failure prevention
Susan Wojcik, RN, MS, FNP-BC, Director, Congestive Heart Failure Program, Essentia Health, Fargo ND
Ms. Wojcik graduated from Mayo School of Health Related Sciences/Winona State University in 1999 with her Masters of Nursing Science and receiving her NP certification through ANCC. After working for Mayo Health Systems in primary care she returned to her home town of Fargo in 2002, taking a position at Sanford Medical Center as a nurse practitioner in the cardiology department caring for patients across the continuum of cardiac care. She joined Essentia Health in 2003 to continue to develop the Congestive Heart Failure Program for the West Region, growing the program to now include over 750 patients. She has held the title of Cardiac Care Associate Liaison for the state of North Dakota to the American College of Cardiology and continues to assist with onsite accreditation visits for the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address email@example.com.
Click here to download the slide handout.
Other Webinars in This Series
Webinar 2: Improve Heart Failure Self Care and Reduce Readmissions Using Data to Understand the Problem
Thursday, July 27, 11:00 – 12:00 pm CT / 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
- Understand a method to begin looking at your readmission problem
- Better understand data to analyze as you progress with your initiative
- Common cause analysis: how to use it to hone your readmission work
Click here to register.
Webinar 3: Standardizing Heart Failure Education and Engaging Your Patients in the Standard
Wednesday, August 23, 11:00 – 12:00 pm CT / 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
- The role of a transition coach
- Questions to ask a patient with heart failure
- Key things your heart failure patient needs to know
Click here to register.
Webinar 4: Supporting CHF Patients in the Home Setting
September 2017 – Details coming soon.
If you have questions, contact Janelle Shearer at 952-853-8553, firstname.lastname@example.org