Five nursing homes in Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, and Wisconsin will present innovative strategies they used to improve their Quality Measures.
Nursing home professionals.
- Learn from peers about innovative ways to improve residents’ quality of life.
- Learn ways to reduce the use of antipsychotic medications.
- Learn how colleagues at other nursing homes have reduced their antipsychotic rates.
Brenna Anderson, administrator of Copper Ridge Health & Rehabilitation Center in Montana, will share how her staff is reducing antipsychotic medications by improving resident quality of life through project participation and the art of giving. The team started Copper Crafters Circle, which enables all residents, families and staff members to work together on specific projects that are donated to charities or areas of need. Their antipsychotic rate has decreased more than 33 percent and continues a downward trend.
Toshua Krushensky, director of nursing at Village Center in Montana, will discuss her facility’s goal of reducing antipsychotic medications by using essential oils to improve appetite/nutrition, decrease pain, anxiety, agitation, fatigue, and behaviors.
Kamran Chaudhry, nursing home administrator, Qualicare nursing home, will highlight the interventions Qualicare used to gain a 50 percent improvement rate in its antipsychotic medication rate, including massage, special outings, aromatherapy, yoga, a vegetable garden in the summer, and digging deep right at admission to get as much history as possible to determine why the resident is on an antipsychotic med.
Racey Gasior, director of wellness initiatives at Tealwood Senior Living, will highlight their “Virtual Dementia Tour” in which all their direct care staff participated.
Theresa Bertram, president and CEO of Miravida Living in Wisconsin, will share the innovative projects her staff implemented related to dementia care.
Join and Call In
Please join the event 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Click on or copy and paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com
- Locate the event you wish to join, click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Quality
- (The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.)
- Call: 1-888-896-0862
- The access code is 45399523.
If you have any questions or trouble accessing the web portion of this meeting, please call the Ventech Solutions WebEx Helpline at 571-598-1988.
Download PDF flier Impacting the Quality Measures.
Download PDF slide handouts Impacting the Quality Measures.
Pamela Longmire at email@example.com or at 800-497-8232 ext. 5885.
A Great 8+ presentation brought to you by Mountain Pacific Quality Health, the Medicare QIO-QIN serving Montana, Wyoming, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, and Alaska, in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, and Wisconsin.