Long term care experts will describe the etiology (cause) of C. difficile and when to test. Then they will define treatment and discuss prevention strategies. This is the second of four sessions in Learning Session 4 for nursing home staff. To prepare for session 2, review: NNHQIC’s Infections – Probing Questions document.
Long term care professionals.
- Describe the characteristics unique to C. difficile organism.
- Discuss testing for C. difficile.
- Describe strategies to prevent C. difficile infections.
Diane Dohm is a nursing home project specialist with MetaStar Inc., currently assisting Wisconsin long term care facilities with enrollment and data entry in the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), reduction of C. difficile, and antibiotic stewardship. Diane is a HHS certified medical technologist, has a bachelor’s degree in business, and has been board certified in infection prevention and control since 2008. Diane is very active in the Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology (APIC), having served on the Badger Chapter board of directors since 2010, and has received the National APIC Chapter Leadership Award in 2011 and 2016. Diane also chairs the CIC review session occurring each year at state conference. Diane is a member of the Wisconsin HAI in LTC Coalition and the Wisconsin Antibiotic Stewardship Steering Committee.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Click or Copy and Paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com.
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: LS4.
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial in to the teleconference:
- Teleconference Number: 866-868-1282
- Enter Access Code: 7805 314
If you have questions, contact Jenna Kornberg, 952-853-8583, email@example.com.