Christopher Crnich, MD, PhD, MS, will describe the relationship between C. difficile infections and antibiotic stewardship, and then describe the fundamentals and first steps in initiating an antibiotic stewardship program. This is the last of four sessions in Learning Session 4 for nursing home staff.
Long term care professionals.
- Describe relationship between C. difficile infections and antibiotic stewardship.
- Define the fundamentals of antibiotic stewardship.
- Describe the first steps of initiating an antibiotic stewardship program.
Christopher Crnich, MD, PhD, MS, is the Chief of Medicine and Hospital Epidemiologist at the Wm. S. Middleton VA Hospital and is an Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Disease at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health where he teaches graduate students, residents, and fellows. He has a general research interest in healthcare-associated infections among vulnerable elderly patients with a specific focus on antibiotic-resistance in long-term care facilities. He currently receives research funding from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services as well as the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to study and develop interventions to improve patterns of antibiotic use in nursing homes.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Click or Copy and Paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com.
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: LS4.
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial in to the teleconference:
- Teleconference Number: 866-868-1282
- Enter Access Code: 8468 227
If you have questions, contact Jenna Kornberg, 952-853-8583, email@example.com.