This is the second in a four part webinar series that will provide the foundation for a medication reconciliation project team and explain how to design or re-design the medication reconciliation process using the Medication at Transitions and Clinical Handoffs (MATCH) tool for Medication reconciliation.
Medication discrepancies are one of the leading causes of unnecessary re-admissions, which cost thousands of dollars each year. Improved medication reconciliation processes can drastically improve patient safety. This four part webinar series is designed to improve your organization’s medication reconciliation process.
As part of this series, you will be asked to engage in a medication reconciliation quality improvement initiative. We are requesting information about where you see yourself and your organization in terms of the medication reconciliation process. You will be asked nine questions, six different times during and following the series. The first set of questions will serve as the baseline, while the remaining sets of questions will provide five re-measurement data periods. This data will be used to determine further educational opportunities. In between the webinars in this four part series, you will have the opportunity to implement interventions and new approaches to improve medication safety. These activities will improve your responses to the questions, provide an opportunity to share best practice, and improve outcomes in medication reconciliation. Thank you for your commitment to this webinar series. Completing this series is a medication safety quality improvement initiative.
Webinar recordings will be available approximately a week after the live session. Please note: Continuing Education credits are only available for live webinar attendees. Additional webinars in the series will be available June 21, 2017 and July 19, 2017.
Providers and nurses in clinics, nursing homes and home health environments.
- Identify one strategy to gain support within your organization to improve medication reconciliation.
- Describe the significance of flow charting your current medication reconciliation process.
- Define opportunities in your current hand-off communication process to improve medication reconciliation.
Toni Kettner and Jody Rothe
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Click or Copy and Paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com.
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Medication
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial in to the teleconference:
- Teleconference Number: 1-877-615-4337
- Enter Access Code: 7381453#
If you have questions or concerns, contact Toni Kettner, 800-362-2320, email@example.com