Change is hard. As healthcare professionals, our success in helping patients manage their chronic conditions and maintain a state of wellness often depends upon our ability to effectively communicate and promote healthy behavior change. Motivational Interviewing (MI) offers an evidence-based model for effective conversations about change. This webinar will offer a brief overview of the evidence base for MI and the foundational spirit of this approach. We will also introduce the core skill of reflective listening and explore an MI strategy for sharing information in a way that promotes patient engagement.
Clinical and management staff interested in MI.
- Identify the spirit of MI, and contrast it with other approaches
- Begin to integrate the core MI skill of reflective listening into their current practice
- Utilize one MI strategy in current practice
- Design a plan for next steps in continued development towards proficiency in MI
Mia Croyle, MA
SBIRT Training Program Manager
UW School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Family and Community Medicine
Mia Croyle is an experienced mental health counselor and a trainer and coach in Motivational Interviewing. She is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT), and has facilitated learning workshops for diverse groups of professionals across the country. After experiencing the positive changes that Motivational Interviewing brought to her own work with individuals addressing a variety of behavior changes, Mia now enjoys sharing Motivational Interviewing with other professionals and helping them think about ways that it might make sense in their work.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address email@example.com.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Click or Copy and Paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com.
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Motivational
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial in to the teleconference:
- Teleconference Number: 1 (877) 615-4337
- Enter Access Code: 8999 497#
If you have questions or concerns, contact Jenn Yanke, 608-274-1940,