Join Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network for a presentation by esteemed motivational interviewing (MI) expert Mia Croyle on basic MI techniques to help elicit behavior change in patients with multiple chronic conditions. Mia will provide a conceptual framework of MI, and teach participants how to utilize MI in their daily work with patients to assist them in initiating and maintaining behavior changes such as diet, exercise and preventative health (immunizations).
After attending this webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Identify the spirit of MI, and contrast it with other approaches
- Begin to integrate the core MI skill of reflective listening into their current practice
- Utilize one MI strategy in current practice
- Design a plan for next steps in continued development towards proficiency in MI
Mia Croyle is an experienced mental health counselor, trainer and coach in MI. She is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT), and has facilitated learning workshops for diverse groups of professionals across the country. After experiencing the positive changes that MI brought to her own work with individuals addressing a variety of behavior changes, Mia now enjoys sharing MI with other professionals and helping them think about ways that it might make sense in their work.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information. Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to reach the registration and join page.
- Click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Interview
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial into the teleconference: 866-861-7910
This learning session will be eligible for nursing and social work continuing education credits. More information will be available closer to the event.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Mark Loush, 248-465-1375, email@example.com