An overview of Patient and Family Engagement (PFE) strategies for engaging patients and families as part of the healthcare team.
- Physician offices and home health agencies, but open to all healthcare providers
- Medicare beneficiaries, family members, and caregivers
- Understand the benefits of engaging patients and families as part of the team.
- Explain exemplar practices that engage patients and families to improve quality and safety.
- Describe four interventions that practices can employ to improve patient safety and quality of care by engaging patients and families..
Kelly Smith, MSc, PhD is the scientific director of quality and safety research at MedStar Health Research Institute and MedStar Institute for Quality and Safety. Dr. Smith holds a PhD in cardiovascular physiology from McMaster University (Hamilton, ON). Her research focuses on identifying and overcoming lapses in patient safety and improving quality of patient care through innovation and collaboration. Notably, she is a leading investigator in patient partnerships in quality and safety research. Along with colleagues at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Dr. Smith has pioneered research on communication and resolution programs such as the Seven Pillars and CANDOR (Communication and Optimal Resolution). Dr. Smith has a strong background in health services research methodology and health policy.
- Go to: https://goo.gl/J2q8DZ.
- Click “Register” and enter the required information.
- Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email with the meeting information and the registration ID that you will use to log into the WebEx portion of the meeting.
- Join the WebEx using the registration ID sent to you in your confirmation email.
- Dial into the teleconference: 888-896-0862. The access code is 45730237.
Download flier Engaging Patients and Families As Part of the Team.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Lyndsay Fluharty, firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-554-1459.
A Great 8+ presentation brought to you by Telligen, the QIN-QIO serving Colorado, Illinois and Iowa, in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Alaska, Hawaii, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.