Join the American Heart Association and Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network as we explore tools and resources for getting your patients cholesterol under control. You’ll also learn how your practice can gain national recognition for working towards bringing your patients’ cholesterol and high blood pressure to control in 2018.
Prevalence and Impact
- About 40 percent of Americans have total cholesterol of 200 mg/dL or higher.
- About 12 percent of Americans have total cholesterol over 240 mg/dL.
- Nearly one of every three American adults has high levels of LDL cholesterol.
- About 19 percent of American adults have low levels of HDL cholesterol.
- Approximately 6 percent of adults have undiagnosed high levels of cholesterol in their blood.
Physicians and care teams.
- Understand the impact of cholesterol on your patients.
- Discuss quality interventions to assist your practice.
- Learn tips on using data to improve outcomes.
- Joycelyn M. Farmer, MPH, vice president, Multicultural Initiatives Health Strategies, American Heart Association, Midwest Affiliate.
- Kristian Hurley, senior director, Multicultural Initiatives, American Heart Association, Midwest Affiliate.
- Malka Sierra, national multicultural consultant, American Heart Association
- Maricela Castillo MacKenzie, M.D., assistant professor, specialties: Family Medicine, University of Michigan.