This is the fourth in a series of webinar events focusing on the MACRA Quality Payment Program (QPP) Calculating a MIPS Score. QPP is a multifaceted program composed of four performance categories – Quality; Improvement Activities; Advancing Care Information; and Cost – and Scoring for each category. This webinar will focus on calculating a score for MIPS and will introduce a MIPS Estimator tool clinicians can use to determine what their score is and how simple changes may affect the score.
Please join Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network’s presenters as they highlight what eligible clinicians and their organizations need to do to be successful in this transition year and to prepare for future reporting years.
The webinar is intended for practices and clinicians preparing for the transition to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) – MU project managers; PQRS managers/ leads; clinic managers; informatics specialists; clinicians; quality improvement managers, and those who administer these programs on behalf of their organizations.
- Review MIPS categories and how they have an impact on the MIPS Composite Score
- Demonstrate how current practice and quality measures can be used to estimate your clinic’s MIPS Composite Score using the Stratis Health MIPS Estimator
- Candy Hanson, QPP SME, Program Manager, Stratis Health
- Lisa Gall, QPP SME, Clinical Program Manager, Stratis Health
Dr. Lisa Gall has over 30 years of experience in health care, quality, and technology: 18 years in hospital, public health and management, and 13 years as a nurse practitioner in rural family practice, ER, and urgent care. After completing her doctor of nursing practice in 2010, and a year of health IT leadership studies at the University of MN, Lisa worked as a Health IT consultant, and is currently clinical program manager at Stratis Health, helping organizations and clinicians understand and implement emerging health care policies using technology. She is lead clinician for Lake Superior QIN Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative and provides QPP Support for Minnesota practices. Lisa has published, taught, and presented on various health IT topics. She sits on the Minnesota eHealth workgroup, and the CMS Technical Expert Panel for Quality Measures Development Plan. She is lead developer of the MIPS Tool.
Candy Hanson is co-developer of the MIPS Tool. Candy Hanson is a program manager for Stratis Health. She was the program lead for the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and the Value Based Modifier (VBM) program for Stratis Health and is now the lead for Medicare’s Quality Payment Program. She has over 30 years of experience in health care and over 25 years of experience working in long term post acute care settings and public health. She is a graduate of the Leadership in Health Information Technology for Health Professions program from the University of Minnesota. She is also a graduate of the Practice Facilitation Certificate program from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
QPP Series – Recordings
- Understanding MACRA QPP – MIPS, Advancing Care Information, January 26, 2017
- Understanding MACRA QPP – MIPS, Improvement Activities, February 16, 2017
- Understanding MACRA QPP – MIPS, Quality and Cost Performance Categories, March 29, 2017
- Understanding MACRA QPP – MIPS, Calculating a MIPS Score, April 20, 2017
- Click here to register
- Click “Register” on the left
- Enter the information as prompted
- You will receive an email confirmation with the call and login information.
- Note: The registration confirmation email may go to your spam or junk folder; check for a message from “email@example.com.”
Download flier Webinar | Understanding MACRA Quality Payment Program.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Jane McGrath, 952-853-8551, firstname.lastname@example.org.