The QIO Program aims to drive rapid, large-scale change that puts patients first and contributes to better patient care, better population health, and lower costs through improvement. From 2014-2019, the Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network (QIN) is partnering with patients, providers, practitioners and others across Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin to accomplish this work that aligns with the goals of the CMS Quality Strategy to:
- eliminate disparities
- strengthen infrastructure and data systems
- enable local innovation
- foster learning organizations
Current Medicare QIN-QIO Initiatives in Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin
Join Lake Superior QIN in contributing locally to the national health quality goals the following improvement initiatives:
- Adult Immunizations: Improve health outcomes by reducing disparities in adult immunizations for influenza, pneumonia and shingles. (Michigan only)
- Antibiotic Stewardship: Spread the principles of antibiotic stewardship among outpatient settings at the point of care, where antibiotics are being prescribed.
- Behavioral Health: Improve identification of depression and alcohol use disorder in primary care and care transitions.
- Cardiac Health: Improve heart health and reduce disparities.
- Coordination of Care: Support communities in working together to improve transitions of care and reduce readmissions.
- Diabetes Care: Improve health outcomes among people with diabetes and expand access to diabetes self-management education.
- Healthcare-Associated Infections: Spread and sustain evidence-based practices for infection prevention and reduction.
- Medication Safety: Improve medication safety by helping to identify barriers and implement best practice strategies.
- Nursing Home Quality: Improve quality of care and quality of life for nursing home residents, reduce healthcare-acquired conditions and implement QAPI.
- Quality Payment Program: Supporting clinics using health it and data to improve preventive care.
- Quality Reporting: Improve performance measure scores and improve quality of care for patients in hospitals and clinics.
- Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative: Helping clinicians achieve large-scale health care transformation.